Do you have 8+ years of Human Resources Management experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Director of Human Resources for a School. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: School
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of HR
DURATION: Temporary (~2 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $32.00 – $34.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of HR will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources department. This person will work closely with members of the Business Office, the Head and Associate Head of School and division department heads to communicate HR policies and programs to comply with School, state and federal personnel policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of HR Management experience
- Experience working in a school environment highly preferred
- Prior experience with payroll processing required – ADP experience preferred
- Prior experience managing retirement packages for staff – TIAA preferred
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to build relationships quickly
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide analysis and council in establishing HR policies and programs as needed
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all regular, exempt and non-exempt personnel and maintain recruitment budget
- Prepare offer letters for new hires, letters of intent for faculty, annual contacts for faculty and salary confirmation letters for regular staff
- Onboard new hires, update payroll system with new hires, terminations and salary changes
- Monitor payroll and leave practices and policies ensuring compliance with staff association agreement and School policies
- Develop and oversee all employee benefit programs to include health, vision and dental insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, self-funded salary continuation, flexible spending plans, prepaid legal, 403(b) retirement plan, COBRA and retiree benefits administration
- Manage Worker’s Compensation claims
- Complete annual surveys – NAID-DASL, EEO-1, etc
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, employment and other related legislation.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.