Do you believe it’s important for every child to have access to a healthy life?
Are you excellent at writing proposals and building relationships with donors?
Does bridging the opportunity gap between schools and health education excite you?
We are currently in search of a Director of Institutional Giving for a Youth Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Institutional Giving
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Institutional Giving reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporations, foundations, individuals, and government entities for gifts. Working closely with the rest of the Development Team, this person will contribute to efforts to build and manage relationships of both local and national entities. The Organization is seeking a collaborative and confident decision maker, who is an excellent written and verbal communicator.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience using Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge CRM or other donor management software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in corporate, foundation, and government cultivation and stewardship with a proven track record of success in securing five and six figure gifts.
- Demonstrated development writing ability, including grant proposals, concept presentations, and general donor communications.
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate, and timely reports and other documents to support development objectives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to individuals, and small and large groups.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with leadership, prospects, donors, and board members.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Cultivate and secure national prospects to deliver significant gifts from institutional supporters (corporations, foundations, and government) working in partnership with the CEO, CDO and Organization’s Boards.
- Work reciprocally and cross-functionally regarding the creation, ideation and submission of concepts and proposals.
- Serve as a lead to create and edit content, as well as provide strategic direction and oversight of donor communication and segmentation, charity marathons and fundraising activities, events, and campaigns.
- Maintain oversight of development administration and operational systems including the Development Coordinator.
- Support and attend key organizational events, functions and speaking engagements.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the organization’s Resource Development Committee.
- Makes effective use of the organization’s prospect management database and other resources to ensure appropriate management of donors and prospects in coordination with organization objectives.
- Conducts research to identify prospects and creates strategies to match prospects’ interests to the priorities of the organization.
- Travel required up to 15%.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and writing sample to Rachel Spears at email@example.com with “Director of Institutional Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.