Are you an outgoing individual who enjoys building relationships?
Do you have at least 5 years of experience managing the fundraising efforts for an organization?
Can you prove your ability to communicate with and influence people?
We are currently in search of a Director of Philanthropy for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Round Lake, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Round Lake, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Philanthropy
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Philanthropy will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individuals, corporations, and foundations for major gifts working closely with the Director of Development and reporting to the CEO. This person will also assist in grant writing, special events, marketing, and social media as needed. The Organization is seeking an adaptable, reliable, and flexible communicator, who takes initiative and thinks outside the box.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience using DonorPerfect or other donor management software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in securing major grants and gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long- and short-range development initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with academic leadership, prospects, donors, and volunteers in a wide range of roles.
- Demonstrated ability in recruiting and managing volunteers and engaging them effectively in supporting the unit through fund-raising, consultation, and advocacy.
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate, and timely reports and other documents to support development objectives.
- Database management skills.
- Social Media marketing skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in managing events and other complex activities in support of development objectives.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Program planning and leadership skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the organization’s Resource Development Committee.
- Works closely with board members and executive leadership in providing direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the organization’s Resource Development Committee.
- Assist in the coordination of development strategies and activities.
- Makes effective use of the organization’s prospect management database and other resources to ensure appropriate management of donors, prospects, alumni, and volunteers in coordination with organization objectives.
- Conducts research to identify prospects and creates strategies to match prospects’ interests to the priorities of the organization.
- Assist in the writing, editing, or the preparation of solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials in support of the organization’s fund-raising activities.
- Assists in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fund-raising goals and objectives.
- Plans and conducts programs and activities designed to increase the visibility of the organization to internal and external constituencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Rachel Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Philanthropy” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.