Do you have the skills and passion to put together comprehensive fundraising strategies based in best practices? Do you have a passion and commitment to support health-related research on a global scale?
We are currently in search of a Director of Philanthropy for a Health-Related Research Foundation. The position is based in San Francisco, CA with some remote flexibility.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health-Related Research Foundation
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Philanthropy
SALARY RANGE: Highly Competitive
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Philanthropy will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to identify and implement strategies for growing contributed revenue through major donors, planned giving, corporations, and community outreach. In addition, the Director will be integral to scaling the infrastructure for a professional development department, including improving systems for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding current and potential donors. This is a great position for someone flexible, who can work at a high level as well as roll up their sleeves when needed on a small but mighty, collaborative team.
Is This Your Dream Job?
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of fundraising/development experience
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing fundraising campaigns and major gift strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge of development activities such as high-profile fundraising events, annual campaigns, major donor relations, planned-giving, event planning and management, direct appeal solicitations
- Results-oriented and creative, solution-focused with an ability to meet fundraising goals
- Organized and metrics-driven, flexible and open to trying various approaches, using data to inform strategic direction and decision making
- Able to see the big picture and plan long-term, but also tactical, resilient and with a positive mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, confident with public speaking and copywriting
- Good at listening and receiving feedback; comfortable receiving input from many sources; able to analyze and distill disparate information to formulate a sound, well-organized plan
- Collaborative nature with ability to work closely with Executive Director and Director of Community Engagement, as well as with a board of directors to accomplish tasks and initiatives
- Strong understanding and ability to use fundraising databases and utilize capabilities to analyze donor data (Raiser’s Edge NXT, a plus)
- Commitment to organization’s mission and value, with an understanding or genuine interest in learning about health-related issues; mission-driven
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement strategies to prospect, cultivate, solicit, and steward existing and potential donors through personal touches and visits, appeals and campaigns, and special events as required
- Build relationships with individuals to develop and grow funding prospects, focusing on a donor pipeline and system to achieve and grow fundraising goals
- Collaborate with staff, key board members/celebrity supporters to create and successfully execute large annual fundraising event
- Collaborate closely with Executive Director and Director of Community Engagement on moves management and execution, as well as with the Board of Directors
- Alongside Executive Director, serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s mission
- Oversee and manage all aspects of individual and major donor relations, corporate giving, community fundraising, and special events
- Face to face donor meetings as well as managing overall team and board’s solicitation and stewardship activities
- Identify individual donors and institutional sponsors whose interests may align to the mission; identify planned giving opportunities
- Manage 1+ direct reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Philanthropy” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.