Do you have 5+ years of executive support experience?
Are you great at helping an Executive Director delegate tasks?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for an Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA, but will begin remotely. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA (Old Town)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
SALARY: Approx. $65,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for the Executive Director and serve as the primary contact point for the Executive Office. This person will also serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Senior Management Teams. This is a new role for the organization, and as such, will require this person to be creative, adaptable and assertive. This role will be remote at least through April, but will eventually be fully in-office.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of executive support experience required; or 10+ years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven ability to manage calendars, liaise with a Board of Directors and manage projects required
- Prior nonprofit experience required; Association experience a plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Social Media
- Prior experience working remotely a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Assisting with travel arrangement and expense reporting (once travel begins again)
- Communicating directly with the Board on behalf of the Executive Director
- Assisting with organizing the Executive Director’s inbox and responding to emails as needed
- Acting as a liaison between the ED’s office and internal departments, maintaining credibility and trust
- Following through on projects assigned independently or to the Executive Director to ensure timely completion
- Taking meeting minutes and distribute to appropriate parties
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management meetings and off-site meetings
- Creating first drafts of written communications to external stakeholders
- Following up on contacts made by the ED and supporting the cultivation of ongoing relationships
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.