Are you a multi-tasking wizard who thrives in a fast-paced environment?
Do you have at least 3 years executive level administrative experience?
Can you demonstrate the ability to take direction and create solutions?
We are currently in search of a Executive Assistant for a Community-Based
Organization. The position is based in Chicago. This is a full-time,
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Organization
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Assistant provides executive level administrative support and
assistance to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), in a variety of high-level
administrative support functions. The Executive Assistant also functions as
part of the Administrative Team. The Organization is seeking a candidate
who works well under pressure, is solution-focused, and works well under a
direct communication management style.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum of 3 years of executive level administrative experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, be able to take
initiative and meet competing deadlines.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity
to matters of significance.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
• Willing to work flexible hours.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Support the CEO: Prepare, review, analyze and transmit a wide variety of
documents (correspondence, memoranda, reports, meeting minutes, and
administrative and confidential documents). Documents may include entire
or partial Spanish language.
• Update, maintain and coordinate the CEO’s paper and electronic calendar,
including: scheduling meetings and appointments, scheduling and tracking
important deadlines, and facilitating all room, food and related
arrangements for meetings, as necessary.
• Answer and screen telephone calls and visitors, and direct calls to
appropriate staff, take messages, or personally provide information.
• Act as liaison with other staff and outside parties, including: providing
responsive and accurate information, following up on outcome and/or
feedback, as appropriate or necessary, and redirecting information relevant
to staff members.
• Receive, read and analyze all of the CEO’s incoming correspondence,
including (when necessary) email and faxes, identify priority items for
immediate attention, route relevant items, and compose draft responses as
• Arrange itinerary, travel and other accommodations for the CEO.
• Process financial transactions for the CEO, including: expense
reimbursements, corporate credit card processing, etc. and ensure the
timely processing of such transactions by following up with accounting
and/or relevant department.
• Coordinate and oversee the preparation of monthly Board and Board
committee meetings including: scheduling and advancing correspondence,
gathering all necessary documents, assembling board packets, and the
coordination and oversight of others who have board meeting preparation
• Attend Board of Directors meetings and take and/or transcribe meeting
minutes. Maintain accurate and updated archives of all Board and committee
• Maintain and update Board and committee rosters. Coordinate and carry out
annual updating of all Board Manuals.
• Prepare routine and non-routine reports, including the collection and
analysis of data and information involving the utilization of spreadsheet
format in Excel.
• Plan, coordinate, arrange and oversee, in coordination with the
Administrative Team, the Annual Retreat and Annual Membership Meeting,
including: preparing correspondence and a wide variety of required
documents, securing locations, drafting membership board nominations and
organizational resolutions, as well as follow-up as necessary.
• Lend support to other special events as required.
• Maintain, organize and update the CEO’s filing system, including filing
correspondence on a regular basis and archiving and/or purging files and
• Undertake independent projects as assigned by the CEO.
• Serve as a back-up to the front desk, as required.
• Serve as a member of the general administrative team along with the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resource Manager, Resource Development Manager, Communications Manager and Technology Manager.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and
workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.