Are you passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion?
Do you get excited about the opportunity to create new programs?
Are you a creative and self-motivated individual?
We are currently in search of an Executive Program Manager for an Association (Charity Network). This is a full-time, permanent position based in the Northern Chicago Suburbs, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association (Charity Network)
LOCATION: Northern Chicago Suburbs
POSITION TITLE: Executive Program Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Program Manager will be the first full-time employee dedicated to the Charity Network’s mission, vision, and operation. This individual will be the person to take the Charity Network to the next level by being an expert in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), with a particular passion for advancing women in the workplace. This person will work independently as well as with the Association’s additional charities and volunteer committees. The Association is seeking a confident and competent individual, who is passionate about DEI and is excited about the prospect of creating and managing programs to support the DEI mission of the Charity Network.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5+ years’ professional experience preferred, with nonprofit and/or association experience a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent a plus.
- PRINCE2 Certification a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management tools, Chronus a plus but not required.
- Passion for working in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space, specifically towards the advancement of women.
- Experience in planning, organizational analysis, risk and/or change management.
- Technology, marketing and social media savvy.
- Mission-driven and creative problem solver.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead operator of the Charity Network’s activities and initiatives. (Membership, Mentoring Program, Networking Events, Annual Event, etc.)
- Lead planning and participation of the Charity Network’s involvement in the Association’s Trade Show.
- Promote and sell the activities and initiatives to Association member companies.
- Develop and promote the Charity Network Membership initiative.
- Work with the Association’s Charities Executive Director and personnel to ensure the Charity Network is operating according to Association’s Charities policy and procedure, and is operating synergistically with the other Association Charities and charitable programs.
- Work with the Charity Network Council and Committees to ensure they are able to function properly on behalf of the mission and vision, as well as coordinate council and committee agendas and facilitate meetings/calls.
- Serve as liaison between the Charity Network, Association Charities, and Association.
- Manage the Charity Network brand, marketing and communication plan and on-going campaigns. Serve as liaison to internal and external marketing resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors, like the mentoring software company.
- Connect and collaborate with allied organizations to drive diversity, equity, and inclusion and the advancement of women within the workplace.
- Travel to annual trade show for one week in the year required.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume (.pdf, .doc, .docx format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Program Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.