We are currently in search of a Finance and Operations Manager for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in the West Side of Chicago. This is a full-time permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: West Side of Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Finance and Operations Manager
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job? The Finance & Operations Manager will be a hands-on and collaborative leader who will develop and implement policies and procedures related to finance, agency planning, budgeting, human resources, grant management and administration. The position will play a critical role in partnering with the Executive Director and other staff members to assist in developing and enhancing programming within the agency and the greater Continuum of Care. This position is a new position that will work closely with the executive director and office manager/bookkeeper to scale up this growing organization’s human resources capacity and help maintain its high standard of fiscal health. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization and assist in pushing its critical, mission-driven work forward.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Further develop the human resources and administrative policies and procedures, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and
- Further develop the HR policies related to equity and inclusion in hiring and personnel
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent, equity and inclusion forward, culturally competent, and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive orientation, onboarding, and ongoing training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, cultural competency, equity, inclusion, and best practices policies and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and
- Oversee administrative functions and facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization
- Working closely with the Office Manager/Bookkeeper, prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, and oversee all financial project/program and grant
- Work closely with the finance committee and board members on finance-related policies and procedures. Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically review and propose updates to the written fiscal policy and procedure
- Establish and coordinate an inclusive annual budget process that includes the executive director, the three program directors, the office manager/bookkeeper and finance
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditor and the finance committee of the board, implement any recommended changes.
- Manage the billing process and grant administration for a small number of interagency partnerships for which is the lead agency, maintain quality control standards for grant
- Improve the reporting capability and interface between the current accounting software (QuickBooks) and donor management software (Donor Perfect)
- Implement a robust contract management and reporting system; ensure the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- BA in finance or related field, MA/MBA
At least 3-7 years of financial, HR, nonprofit or other relevant experience. The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination, and has preferably overseen a human resource function previously.
- A track record in grants
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, a growth mindset, and dedication to the values and mission of the Alliance.
- Ability to work with and collaborate effectively with a diverse team of staff and
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.