Are you an entry level candidate looking for a role that will strengthen your accounting skills?
Do you have experience working in Financial Edge?
We are currently in search of a Finance Assistant for an Association. The position is based in Elgin, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Elgin, IL
POSITION TITLE: Finance Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $19.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Finance Assistant supports the Finance department, and assists the Staff Accountant with program registration, maintaining clients accounts receivable balances, and recording monthly deposits in Financial Edge. Training will take place in office for the first week, and moving forward the Finance Assistant will be in office 2-3 days a week (other days remote). This role is looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of accounting experience required
- HS Diploma required, Advanced Education Preferred
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) required
- Client Accounts Receivable. Experience with Financial Edge software preferred, but not required
- Experience working with computers including word processing and database applications required
- Proficient with Zoom/Skype required
- Able to work in-office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Perform various duties related to the Finance Department regarding transportation program including maintaining a rider registration master list and a sponsor master list
- Compile comprehensive reports for quarterly sponsor meetings
- Assist staff accountant with creating invoices for sponsors
- Execute correspondence using word processing and database software programs
- Responsible for maintaining client accounts receivable balances, ensuring that bills are paid timely and accounts are up to date with current movement reports
- Record monthly client social security deposits in Financial Edge, issue checks as required and send monthly client statements
- Complete and monitor filings with the Social Security Administration
- Maintain client income requirements in compliance with the State of Illinois (DHS)
- Miscellaneous client responsibilities throughout year as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.