Do you have 3+ years of nonprofit accounting or office management experience?
We are currently in search of a Finance Manager for an Association. The position is based in Fairfax, VA, but will begin remotely. This is a part-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Fairfax, VA (Remote to Start)
POSITION TITLE: Finance Manager
SCHEDULE: 24-30 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? The Finance Manager will provide internal support to organization that outsources most of their financial functions to a CPA firm. This person will post payments, assist with annual audits, submit reports, manage subscriptions and membership renewals. This is a part-time, permanent position. There is an option to work 24 hours/week, with no benefits or 30 hours/week, with benefits. Candidates interested in either option are welcome to apply.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of office operations/accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- QuickBooks experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage projects independently
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide Bookkeeper with all necessary financial reports, bank and credit card statements for reconciliation
- Compiles and prepares property tax documents, forms and insurance filings for Chief Administrative and Special Initiatives Officer
- Support CAO with annual financial audit fieldwork
- Manage online payments for members and generate reports
- Manage bill paying duties in QuickBooks
- Maintain and manage paper and digital filing systems for financial, contract, audit, tax, insurance, etc.
- Monitor and manage all subscriptions and membership renewals
- Support the Executive Coordinator with Board meeting per diem, expense reports and travel reimbursements
- Work in conjunction with the CAO in planning and accomplishing long term organizational projects
- Special projects as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.