Are you experienced in grant reporting? Are you highly organized with strong attention to detail? Is your passion to help preserve affordable housing and prevent homelessness?
We are currently in search of a Grants Coordinator for a Human Services and Social Justice Organization. The position is based in San Francisco. This is a Full-Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (Currently Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Grants Coordinator
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $60K – 70K
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Grants Coordinator is responsible to maintain and build the organization’s portfolio of grants and contracts, including state and local cost-reimbursable grants, as well as foundation and corporate grants, and to provide general support in the area of fund development. This position is ideal for individuals who truly enjoy working with people, have the skills and capacity to respond when necessary in an empathetic and respectful way to clients who are often in crisis, and can work effectively in a collegial and fast paced environment. Due to COVID, this position is mostly remote until Shelter in Place lifts, and possibly beyond.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3+ years’ experience with grant reporting /management
- 2-3+ years’ experience with government and private grantors a plus
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, ability to manage and communicate information quickly and accurately
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Familiarity with proposals and grant narratives, ideally in human and social service organizations
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with MS Office, Google Suite and fundraising databases, experience with Salesforce a plus
- Commitment to organization’s mission and values, with an understanding of diverse populations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain portfolio of grants and contracts, including state and local cost-reimbursable grants, as well as foundation and corporate grants
- Work with internal team and community partners in identifying new funding prospects as well as preparing and submitting applications for new and renewal funding.
- Monitor and assure grant and contract compliance, including working with admin and program staff, as well as subcontractors to monitor project deliverables, develop and submit timely narrative reports and grant deliverables to funders.
- Complete grant processing upon receipt of funding notification, including thank-you letters, staff notification, contract filing, etc.
- Provide general fundraising support as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.