Do you have 3-5 years’ experience in grant writing and fundraising?
Are you looking for an advocacy role that ignites transformational impact in Chicago?
We are currently searching for a Grants Manager for a Community Organization. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Southwest Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Grants Manager
DURATION: Fulltime, Permanent; remote during COVID-19
ANNUAL SALARY: $65,000-$70,000/annual, excellent benefits available
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants Manager will be responsible for managing the grants process, which includes, but is not limited to prospecting new grant opportunities, writing proposals for submission, and grant reporting for a multi-sector, mid-sized nonprofit organization experiencing rapid growth.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead grant opportunities from local, state, and federal governmental entities as well as private and corporate foundations
- Supervise team of 1-2 including current Grant Writer and Grants Administrator
- Prepare grant proposals and reports in conjunction with program staff
- Manage grants calendar and grant development processes on databases and shared drives
- Maintain foundation donor records on eTapestry
- Acknowledge donations from foundations
- Collaborates with IMAN Communications Departments to develop publicity campaigns for grants and other foundation-related initiatives to promote year-long fundraising
- Facilitate foundation site visits, tours, and informational sessions
- Support and lead other foundation cultivation strategies
- Delegate tasks to and evaluates performance of grants team
- Enforce regulatory compliance with grants deliverables timelines
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Project Management, English, Journalism, Communications, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of successful experience in grant writing and fundraising required
- Proficiency in donor management systems; experience in eTapestry or Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus
- Strong data analysis & interpretation skills, and can manage within short timeframes
- Proven track record of developing and understanding program and/or organizational budgets
- Extraordinary attention to detail and experience with organizational, state, and federal grants policies and procedures
- Strong organization and time management, coupled with the ability to comply with multiple deliverables timelines
- Possesses capability to manage individual and team projects
- Strong presentation and networking skills
- Commitment to organization’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Manager” in the subject line.