Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in housing or customer service?
Are you looking for a remote, long term role?
Do you have fluency in Polish, Hindi, Russian, Urdu, Farsi, Korean, Tagalong, or Arabic?
We are currently in search of a Housing Counselor for a Social Services Organization. The role is a remote position based in Evanston, IL. This is a full-time, temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Evanston, IL (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Housing Counselor
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Housing Counselor is responsible for conducting homebuyer and financial education workshops, housing and credit counseling services, and providing administrative responsibilities such as intake, tracking data input, monthly reporting and participation in community outreach. This person is responsible for maintaining an effective system for client files while working with staff to place clients in housing, and resolve any delinquencies. This is a remote role, looking to get the ideal candidate started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of work experience in customer service or housing, social work experience helpful
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience or a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 5+ years of experience in Intake for counseling, crisis intervention, legal, mental health issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially spreadsheets, database and reporting tools.
- Excellent communication, writing, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to speak Polish, Hindi, Russian, Urdu, Tagalong, Korean, Arabic, or Farsi preferred
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and
development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and manage conflicting priorities required
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances
- Manage a caseload of financial capability counseling clients, foreclosure prevention and delinquency clients, and housing counseling clients who are interested in need of rental assistance
- Maintain a client base in Cook County, and other areas of service area as necessary
- Develop and assist clients with action plans to help them meet their goals
- Assist with facilitating education workshops, including scheduling, marketing, and procuring speakers
- Complete follow-up paperwork, including certificates and communication referring partners
- Represent the interests of the agency, the program, and the program participants in all activities
- Provide individualized credit counseling services
- Use Coaching approach when addressing client’s goals
- Available to client throughout the post purchase process to address any problems or answer any questions that may arise
- Create, maintain and update client files into Housing Counseling Database on a regular basis
- Maintain work load reports
- Build relationships with lenders, realtors, and other professionals to develop referral sources
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.