Are you experienced providing support and resources to homeless and marginalized individuals? Are you knowledgeable about the needs of LGBTQ senior populations? Is your passion to help the under-served?
We are currently in search of a Housing Supervisor for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a Permanent, Full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Housing & Resources Supervisor
DURATION: Permanent position
SALARY: $58-65K+ DOE, with full benefits package including health, dental, generous PTO, 401(k) and a collaborative and supportive work environment
Is This Your Dream Job? The Housing & Resources Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a housing and resources team in the outreach, identification, follow-up and support to LGBTQ seniors in need of housing. The program assists seniors with applying for affordable housing opportunities, completing applications for open waitlists, and offering general housing support and follow-up.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3+ years of work experience in a nonprofit setting, ideally in social services/public health with folks who are homeless, mentally ill, disabled or similar
- 3+ years of supervision experience
- Passion for and experience with (work or personal) LGBTQ seniors preferred, familiarity with Dept. of Adults & Aging a plus. Must be comfortable counseling seniors via phone, Zoom and in-person.
- Working knowledge of San Francisco subsidized housing system and related entities – Mayor’s Office on Housing, Office on Housing and Community Development, Continuum of Care Program (CoC), etc.
- Working knowledge of housing and/or social service contract and compliance deliverables – contracts with MOHCD, ADRC (DAS), the LGBT Center, etc.
- Strong project management skills with ability to keep contracts and related paperwork organized, on time and produce related reports
- Case management/project management/coordination experience
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook, working knowledge of data management systems, especially databases used in housing
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with problem-solving abilities
- Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires sitting, walking, bending and lifting up to 35 pounds
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Ensure streamlined process for seniors and caregivers to access housing and services by providing 1 to 1 support on-site as needed, by phone, email and Zoom, as well as workshops
- Provide a welcoming and accessible program with customer service friendly values and team focused on response time, solutions and appropriate follow-up coordination of housing and other resources in compliance with organizational contracts and housing entities
- Supervise 1.5-2.5 team members of the Housing and Resources team and providing them with ongoing support, training and mentorship.
- Supervisor and direct reports provide assistance to seniors with disabilities in developing a housing plan and navigating social services and advocating on their behalf and creating a personal housing search/action plan as needed. Familiarity with reviewing screening criteria and background checks helpful.
- Ensure completion, accuracy and accessibility of intake forms, data and Housing Resource List distributed to 300+ clients per month compiled by the team
- Ensure 1 on 1 follow-up and advocacy with seniors to motivate them to apply for housing and other resources, assist with applications as needed and conduct quarterly check-in calls
- Advocate, as needed, directly with landlords, property management, and housing agencies on behalf of those served; or identify appropriate advocacy services
- Ensure reporting activities, contract compliance and deliverables are met for MOHCD and ADRC (DAS) and provide monthly reports on the status of contracts to supervisor and keep them apprised of challenges, etc.
- Participate and provide the necessary documentation for monitoring by funders of organization’s monthly housing list contract, MOHCD grant and ADRC program
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.