|As an experienced HR professional, do you believe that people are the driver of an organization’s success? Do you have strong experience in US employment law and benefits administration? Do you have a passion for creating a positive internal culture and employee experience as well as implement sound HR policies and processes?|
|We are currently in search of a Human Resources Manager (Director-Level Role) for an International Nonprofit Organization advocating for freedom of expression. The position is based in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
|ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Nonprofit Organization advocating for freedom of expression
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager (Director-Level Role)
SALARY: $140K-$160K (commensurate with experience)
|Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Head of Talent, the HR Manager is a key position that will play a crucial role in developing and implementing strategic and tactical human resources solutions for the organization. You will use your strong understanding of US employment law to inform senior-leadership and HR staff on best practices around hiring, on-boarding, and employee relations. Additionally, you will utilize your skills and experience to evaluate and continue to assess benefits plans for all US staff, to ensure the plan remains competitive and compliant. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, high-profile, global organization that will shape the future of online freedom of expression, this could be the ideal position for you.|
|Our ideal candidate:
● Bachelor’s Degree; Masters/MBA, preferred
● Is an excellent communicator with internal team managers and skilled at building relationships
● Strong experience as a senior-level Human Resources professional
● Is an excellent verbal and written communicator that can connect with a variety of people in different time zones
● Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
● Has a proven track record of providing the full scope of HR administration including benefits, performance appraisals, partnerships with businesses, and wellbeing of employees
● Has a comprehensive understanding of employment law
|How you will spend your day:
● Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with local and national regulations and employment law.
● Utilize knowledge of US employment law to advise senior leadership and colleagues based in the UK on best practices to make informed decisions.
● Manage and execute both the strategic and tactical day-to-day tasks of running an HR Department. This includes:
○ Evaluating and implementing standard HR processes and procedures
○ Creating a long-term people strategy
○ Day-to-day functions include answering employee’s benefits questions, training/coaching managers, providing payroll changes and information to Finance Team, and so on.
● In collaboration with HR team, manage all facets of a HR Department for US offices, including candidate recruitment and hiring process, benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, and compensation analysis.
● Develop and implement best practices for wide-ranging HR programs and systems such as learning and development, recognition, engagement, and well-being.
● Proactively assess the needs of the employees, make recommendations and offer, and implement solutions.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regards to your application in response to this ad.