Do you have at least 3-5 years of experience in individual giving and donor cultivation and stewardship in a human services or healthcare setting?
Do you want to work on a passionate team committed to ensuring children receive the highest standard of healthcare?
We are currently in search of an Individual Giving Officer for a Hospital. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Hospital
POSITION TITLE: Individual Giving Officer
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Individual Giving Officer serves as the development team’s individual giving expert, overseeing annual giving efforts, managing the day-to-day operations of the individual giving program, and creating a comprehensive individual giving strategy to build process, pipeline, and stewardship practices. The Individual Giving Officer will work closely with the Vice President of Development & External Affairs and the larger development department to keep the individual contacts connected, engaged, and involved. The Organization is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual with a proven track record of soliciting gifts from individuals and successfully stewarding relationships with prospective and current donors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in individual giving in a nonprofit setting is required
- High proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or comparable fundraising database required
- Excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills required
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills required
- Extensive experience in recruiting, training, and motivating high level volunteers required
- Results-oriented with excellent organizational and planning skills required
- Entrepreneurial self-starter and team player with energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Planning, implementing and managing annual giving, multi-channel giving and solicitation strategies; including direct mail, phone, internet and email correspondence
- Creating a calendar of multi-channel communication strategies in partnership with the PR team
- Managing the relationship with direct mail vendor including content strategy, segmentation and analysis of annual giving performance
- Managing a portfolio of 75% leadership annual giving donors and 25% major gift donors (total portfolio size 75-100)
- Soliciting and stewarding donors of $500 and above
- Cultivating leadership annual gift donors toward major gift level
- Creating prospect strategy plans for major gift donors and prospecting
- Tracking development activity and donor interaction in Raiser’s Edge
- Creating basic research profile for all major gift prospects, including natural partner relationships
- Identifying and creating opportunities for leadership to meet with major gift donors
- Working with the Vice President of Development to create individual giving metrics
- Assisting with special event solicitations
- Writing major gift proposals
- Serving as staff liaison to the corporate advisory board and providing strategic direction
- Attending all meetings and fundraising events
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen.
Please send your resume (Word format only) to Andrea Hall at email@example.com with “Individual Giving Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit?
Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.