Do you have 8+ years of communications experience?
Are you able to supervise staff and lead communications strategy for policy initiatives?
We are currently in search of an Interim Director of Communications for a Policy Organization. The position is Remote (EST). This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Policy Organization
LOCATION: Remote (East-Coast Time)
POSITION TITLE: Interim Communications Director
DURATION: Temporary (~7 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $39.00 – $40.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Interim Director of Communications will oversee the communications work and team while a staff member is out on leave. This is fast-moving role, focused on policy and working closely with the media and Congress on new initiatives to advocate for caregivers of vulnerable populations. This person will supervise 2 staff members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 8+ years of communications experience required
- Must have experience in one or more of the following areas: paid leave, childcare, aging, disability, social security or health care
- Proven success developing and implementing communications strategy for a complicated, intersectional work
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- At least 3+ years of supervisory experience required
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity
- Comfort using Google Drive, Slack and Salesforce
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Implement communications strategy designed to raise the profile of the organization and it’s legislative initiatives
- Lead and manage communications work celebrating the organization’s 10-year anniversary
- Build upon and promote the organization’s brand identity
- Equip and support staff with communicating the organization’s narrative in a consistent manner
- Supervise, edit and provide overall guidance and message support for external-facing communications
- Coordinate and align across work streams, conduct team meetings and help develop processes that streamline and optimize work
- Coach and support supervisees
- Provide writing, editing support and voice approval to campaign principals
- Ensure that the team completes work plans, communicate with peer teams about larger strategic issues and represent the communications team in discussions and budget development
- Manage external consultants as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Dir of Comms” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.