We are currently in search of an IT Manager for a Financial Foundation. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a fulltime, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Financial Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: IT Manager
DURATION: Fulltime, permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The IT Manager, under the direction and supervision of the Foundation Vice President, works both independently and collaboratively with other staff and external stakeholders, and serves as the Foundation’s sole expert and primary point of contact for all technology needs. While a broad and comprehensive knowledge base of computer and associated systems is required, being able to identify and liaise with specific system specialists, vendors, and outside technology experts to keep operations functioning smoothly is critical.
The IT Manager must be able to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external constituents in a pleasant and helpful manner.
The chosen candidate will be knowledgeable about the latest advances in technology, be able to analyze the current systems set up and make well-reasoned recommendations within budgetary parameters to Senior Staff for improvements when necessary.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Identify problematic areas, recommend strategic solutions, then implement them when approved
- Train Foundation staff on use of equipment and software
- Assist customers with technology issues when interfacing with Foundation systems (i.e. when purchasing items from the Foundation store)
- Develop, implement and maintain business continuity/disaster recovery plans and operations
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in technology and remain technically competent within all levels of Foundation IT operations
- Setup and manage the IT equipment life cycle plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and vendors
- 3 – 5 years’ experience (IMIS experience, a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Highly developed skills in diagnosing, support, and resolution of desktop hardware, software, and operating system issues
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
Preferred Program Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Office
- Office 365
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Azure
- HTMLS, PHP, Jquery
- Microsoft SharePoint
- SSL VPN
- Saas/ PaaS / laaS
Preferred Demonstrated Experience of 3 or More Years:
- Windows Server Management
- Basic Networking and Troubleshooting
- Windows Based Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- IT Lifecycle Management
- Project planning, development, and implementation
- Business continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Business communication (written and verbal)
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “IT Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.