Do you have IT Management experience? Are you passionate about criminal justice reform and advancing policy to expand alternative approaches to incarceration and public safety? Do you want to join a growing organization?
We are currently in search of an IT Manager for a Social Justice Nonprofit. The position is based in Bay Area, CA or Remote. This is a permanent, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Nonprofit
LOCATION: Oakland, CA or Remote
POSITION TITLE: IT Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: $100K – $120K Commensurate with Experience
Is This Your Dream Job? This is a multi-state organization that aims to win new safety priorities in large incarceration states across the country. The IT Manager oversees the people, processes, and technologies within the organization as well as provides direction and support for Systems, Tools & Technology (STT) solutions that drive the organization’s strategic priority areas. The IT Manager will play a leadership role for the STT department within the Operations division, working closely with the rest of the organization’s Operations staff, staff org-wide, and external stakeholders to identify key technology strategies needed to increase effectiveness of existing applications, support growth strategies, and provide alternative cost-effective technology solutions. Full Benefits Package Available.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-7+ years of experience with IT Management
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant business or technical discipline. An advanced degree in a related field, such as computer science, engineering and/or business (MBA) is preferred.
- Experience implementing Asana, Slack, and HCMS preferred. Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce or similar ERP systems and integrations required
- Experience with oversight of organizational cyber security and IT risk management required.
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Demonstrated commitment to organization’s values, including criminal justice reform and shared safety solutions
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic and operational value.
- Review performance of our systems and tools to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements. Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the STT infrastructure.
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve user experience.
- Oversee data migration projects and integrations across enterprise systems.
- Develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of STT vendors, partners, and service agreements.
- Develop and review budgets for the STT department and ensure they are responsible to organizational strategy, stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Precious Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.