Do you have 3-5 years of development and fundraising experience in a professional setting?
Have you secured 5 and 6 figure gifts?
Are you interested in working with a mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Manager for a Health Organization. The position is based in Clarksburg, MD. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Organization
LOCATION: Clarksburg, MD (not metro/bus accessible)
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Major Gifts Manager will be responsible for assisting in developing strategic and integrated initiatives to advance the Development program within the overall strategic priorities of the Foundation. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Development.
Our client embodies a collegiate and mission-driven culture. They seek eager, intelligent, self-motivated individuals who also exemplify a strong work ethic and spirit to learn.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of development/fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred experience working in a health-related organization
- Ability to work independently and productively
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional resiliency and a passion to make the world a better place
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project from beginning to end
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Identify, cultivate, and steward new corporate and foundation prospects
- Develop a portfolio, conducting 6-8 personal visits a month
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospects in the portfolio
- Develop a major gift portfolio such that 15-20 lead annual gift and major gift solicitations are successfully closed annually
- Follow-up on bequest leads generated by the Planned Giving and the Direct Mail programs
- Complete call reports in a timely manner; Maintain accurate and timely expense records
- Work closely with Senior VP of Development and other members of the Development team to design and implement effective communication instruments and an integrated communications plan
- Effectively solicit Annual Fund gifts for everyone in your portfolio
- Keep the Senior VP informed of matters impacting the achievement of individual goals
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the right fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.