Do you have 2+ years of experience cultivating major donors?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for a Think Tank. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Conservative Think Tank
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Metro Center)
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $24.00 – $27.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Manager will work to cultivate and build upon an existing portfolio of Major Donors (gifts $10k+). This person will work in conjunction with the direct mail campaign to grow the current organization’s donations from $2M to $5M. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity with an anticipated salary of $60-65k. This role will be 100% in-office.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience cultivating major donors required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working with a nonprofit CRM required (Virtuous a plus)
- Proven ability to set and meet fundraising goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Solicit major gifts from existing and new donors
- Conduct regular calls, emails and (when appropriate) in-person meetings with donors to cultivate stronger relationships
- Develop new donor pipeline including identification, qualification, outreach and follow-up
- Build and execute strategy for growing annual revenue year of year
- Design and implement an effective major gift stewardship program to facilitate donor retention
- Assist with direct mail campaign as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.