Are you an online marketing and social media expert?
Would you enjoy a role that where you get to implement new ideas?
Do you have experience working for a Media Organization?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Marketing Manager for a News Association. This position is based in Chicago, IL and is a full time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: News Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL(The Loop)
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Manager
DURATION: Permanent, Full – Time
SALARY: $55,000 – $65,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Marketing Manager is a key player in spreading the organizations good work, has a sharp eye for design and solid copywriting skills, and will make it their mission to bring more attention, engagement and support to the organization. The Marketing Manager will be skilled at reimagining and leveraging content from our investigations and policy teams to create compelling digital communications across all marketing channels and platforms. A proven constituency builder, they will use marketing tools, and data to understand who and where our supporters are, and how to reach new communities and diverse audiences. The Marketing Manager would report to the Vice President of Operations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, digital communications)
- 5-7 years in online-focused marketing, ideally for a mission-driven and/or media organization
- Demonstrated success in supporting efforts to build an organizational footprint via digital efforts (web, email and social media campaigns)
- Knowledge of traditional marketing methods and comfort with supporting live events
- Strong, confident and consistent communicator skilled at forging strong relationships online and in person, with colleagues and constituencies.
- Experience attracting audiences and constituencies.
- Innovator inclined to experiment, adapt new tools and techniques, and seek improvements.
- Experience and high levels of proficiency with Google Analytics, platform-centric analytics (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and social media posting and monitoring tools, to track effectiveness of campaigns and build strategy.
- Experience with Web publishing and digital communications tools (CMS, email services)
- Eye for design (skill with Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Self-starter capable of working at a fast pace, independently or part of a team.
- Strong writing skills, with proven capacity to generate creative, influential, smart and substantive copy
- Strong attention to detail and editing experience Strong grasp of key issues impacting city, county and state government
- Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions and see new opportunities.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the execution of the organization’s marketing plan, with specific mandates for:
- Design and publish e-mail newsletters, website pages, other external communications.
- Deliver content across all social media platforms in forms appropriate to the intended audience.
- Deliver initiatives that motivate active and potential organization’s followers to increased civic participation, donations, and policy action.
- Support organization’s fundraising and awareness campaigns and execute digital fundraising communications strategies.
- Plan and execute strategy to promote organization’s events (Yearly Luncheon, Investigative Awards, and Watchdog Trainings) in collaboration with Development team and Civic Engagement team.
- Maintain the marketing-communications campaign and events calendar
- Manage digital advertising budget and plan (Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and track effectiveness toward improving efforts and maximizing impact.
- Coordinate a consistent brand, unified messaging and support successful fundraising efforts, in coordination with organization’s leadership and the development team.
- Monitor marketing success with metrics, especially focusing on audience insights and “digital constituent pathways.
- Serve as key knowledge base on how our audience interacts with the organization’s online and produce regular reports
- Lead process for Annual Report, brochure(s) and other collateral as needed.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.