Are you passionate about breaking social stigmas? Do you have experience in analyzing data to create compelling marketing and communication pieces? Do you want to empower others to share their stories and spread the mission of an amazing nonprofit in the health advocacy and research space?
We are currently in search of a Marketing Manager/Content Strategist for a Foundation. The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: San Rafael, CA
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Manager/Content Strategist
SALARY: $65,000 – 70,000
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Marketing Manager/Content Strategist, reporting to the Chief Development Strategist, you will be responsible for building and managing a comprehensive communications strategy, developing content that will be leveraged across social media, print and digital marketing materials and measuring performance to demonstrate progress toward target engagement metrics. Across all platforms you will develop effective and consistent branding messages about the Foundation’s mission, programs, and impact. Working in Salesforce, you will lead the creation of data-based marketing and communications campaigns to effectively reach the Foundation’s target audiences. You will also interact directly with the Foundation’s constituents to create more engagement, support and awareness opportunities, and strengthen donor relationships. As a team member, you will contribute to a supportive, courageous, and dedicated team. As the Foundation continues to grow and expand its reach, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain more responsibility within your role.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (K) retirement savings
- Vacation and personal days
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Culturally fluent, well-spoken, creatively strategic with an analytical mindset, well-balanced, and endowed with grace and tact
- Experience using Salesforce for CRM a must; Experience connecting Salesforce with Drupal and Campaign Monitor a plus
- Adept in managing various social media platforms, performing data analytics, and ability to learn new technologies quickly. Facility with social media listening tools, GoogleAnalytics, SEO, paid and organic Search a plus
- Strong design and branding sense and familiarity with design software like Adobe Illustrator or InDesign a plus
- Passion for making a difference in the community and breaking social stigmas
- An innovative, dedicated, and self-motivated team player
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with the CEO, Chief Development Strategist and Communications Director to create a marketing and communications strategy.
- Based on the strategy, develop an implementation plan that includes key indicators that can be tracked and measured.
- Implement the plan, coordinating with the program, development and communications team.
- Create compelling marketing and communication pieces (print and digital) to capture the attention of various audiences, speak to their different needs and interests, and inspire them to become involved with the Foundation.
- Develop print and digital content that is consistently in line with the brand and communicates the impact of the Foundation’s work.
- Analyze and interpret data to create marketing and communication pieces for different target audience.
- Track, measure and communicate progress on target engagement metrics.
- Create email and social media campaigns that will appeal to the Foundation’s audiences.
- Update and redesign print collateral (newsletters, Annual Report, brochures).
- Interview constituents, volunteers, and partners to produce copy that will be integrated into communications pieces and social media platforms.
- Proof and edit marketing and communications materials.
- Create and manage marketing and communications calendar and ensure that projects are well-timed and aligned with other organizational initiatives.
- Create a strong social media presence and a community of influencers.
- Proactively manage and monitor priority social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Manager/Content Strategist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.