Do you have 2-4 years of marketing experience?
We are currently in search of a Marketing Specialist for an Association. The position is based in Washington, DC (begins remotely). This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (begins remotely)
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Specialist
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
ANTICIPATED SALARY: $55,000 – $65,000 plus benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing marketing campaigns to support strategy related to membership retention and engagement. This position works across all channels, both traditional and digital marketing spaces including direct mail, email, web and social media. This person will provide a unique blend of technical, strategic and consultative skills to drive the right marketing solutions to improve member engagement, increase revenue and grow brand awareness globally.
Culture and Growth: This organization values high-performing and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working as a part of a collaborative team to provide excellent service, results and innovation for their members. Opportunities for growth are individualized based on performance, personal skill set and desire. This is a growing team with plenty of opportunity for innovation-based growth and ability to contribute to the organization in a meaningful way.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-4 years of marketing or communications experience required
- Experience in a revenue-generating role a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent organization, writing and editing skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite required
- Prior experience with Higher Logic or other email marketing systems a plus
- Proven track record for effective teamwork and ability to work with external customers/members
- Experience in association, healthcare or scientific marketing a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop marketing plans focused on driving membership recruitment, retention and engagement
- Write marketing copy for emails, print pieces and social media
- Maintain analytics, metrics and campaign reporting, communicating results to marketing team
- Develop content for eNews, weekly newsletter and website promotions
- Collaborate with the Membership team to stay abreast of new updates to campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing team to ensure appropriate timing and placement of portfolio of work in relation to other initiatives and strategies across the organization
- Work closely with the Creative Services team to develop print and digital assets
- Support the annual conference with planning, on-site participation and post-event reporting
- Support the Director of Marketing as requested to meet deadlines and fulfill requirements for marketing projects
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.