Do you want to make a difference for a global membership organization? Are you tech savvy with great Excel skills and a can-do customer service approach?
We are currently in search of a Membership Assistant for a membership organization. The position is based in Alameda County, CA (Bay Area in Northern CA) with some remote flexibility. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Alameda County (Bay Area in Northern CA) with Some Remote Flexibility
POSITION TITLE: Membership Assistant
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, you will assist in a variety of administrative and membership aspects in support of the Membership Officer as well as Executive Director. There is a strong focus on functions via the membership database, utilization of Excel for membership tracking and analysis, website updates and customer service as it relates to answering inquiries from vendors, publishers and members and helping in preparations for the annual conference. This role will also support the Membership Officer, who is focusing on strategic development of recruiting and retaining members and continually improving membership experience through campaigns, benefits and outreach opportunities and conferences.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2+ years of relevant office experience (if in membership/development, communications, programs or operations, that is a plus)
- Excellent Excel skills, familiar with Microsoft Office Suite as well as general web research experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in nonprofit organization a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate with a team
- Exceptional customer service approach
- High level of interpersonal skills and accuracy in working internally and externally as well as good judgement to represent the organization well
- Organized, detail-oriented and timely in completing tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a program or project with multiple deadlines
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Inputs data, updates individual and institutional records and cleans data in the membership database
- Produce periodic reports that assess membership numbers
- Responds to member queries and customer service questions
- Supports the development and implementation of membership drives and renewal efforts
- Supports workshop and training programs for members
- Support efforts to raise donations from members
- Regularly reviews and updates the SSA website
- Serves as point of contact for publishing team to make website changes and other needs that arise
- Proofreads official documents, such as the annual report, annual conference program book and more
- Conducts monthly audits of invoices related to journal subscriptions
- Serves as back-up to the senior administrative assistant for certain notices regarding journal publishing
- Support annual conference logistics and process including registration forms and documents, handling customer service questions related to registration and managing the in-person registration desk and volunteers the day of
- Collaborate with the team to prepare for annual conference and logistics (supplies and materials ordered and sent)
- Works with technology consultant to build and test annual conference registration forms
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.