Do you have 3+ years of association membership experience?
We are currently in search of a Membership Specialist for a Healthcare Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Remote to Start)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Specialist
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership Specialist will help to shape and implement new leadership development programs for members and staff and work with staff to match members with volunteer opportunities. The Specialist will also support the expansion of special interest groups. This is a highly collaborative position, working across all departments and functional areas within the organization. This position will begin remotely due to COVID19, but will eventually be full-time, in-office. Candidates must reside within the DC metro area.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of work experience required
- 3+ years of membership experience required
- Prior experience working within a healthcare association preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Association Management Software and PowerBI preferred
- Prior project management experience a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support and administer workgroups including:
- Recommend new processes and streamline opportunities to measure and increase workgroup/committee engagement
- Support the committee appointment process including application, selection and staff/member onboarding
- Serve as technology expert for “Board BookIt” platform
- Support the development of a volunteer/member recognition reward program
- Administer the committee self-evaluation process
- Coordinate activities related to administration of Special Interest Groups including:
- Coordinate application process and create resources for committees
- Coordinate onsite activities for annual conference and virtual events
- Identify potential opportunities for creating new Special Interest Groups
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure that ideas and networking opportunities are embraced by other committees and workgroups
- Assist with the development and administration of leadership training/pipeline development programs
- Work with the meetings department and leadership to implement the President’s Reception and Council and Committee Chair dinners at the annual conference
- Assist with the administration and logistical needs for the Board of Directors’ in-person meetings and orientation
- Provide administrative support to the membership department and other cross-functional department needs as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.