Do you have a passion for transforming faith into giving to those most in need?
Do you have nonprofit experience in membership, development/fundraising and want to use your skills to make a huge impact?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Membership & Stewardship Officer focused on faith-based fundraising for a large, established and reputable social justice organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA (remote right now but with plan to work on-site eventually). This is a permanent, full-time opportunity working Sunday through Thursday.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Membership & Stewardship Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, you will oversee all aspects of faith-based membership and giving with a focus on converting and increasing giving by members in the organization at all levels from lower-level donors to major donors. We are looking for a strong leader adept at motivating others and in relationship building. This position is central to the achievement of the organization’s strategic plan in preparation to launch related campaigns. This position will be responsible for campaign logistics, moves management, ambassador management, donor cultivation and stewardship, all while building the spiritual practice of transformational giving. There is great opportunity for someone to improve existing strategies and consistently bring forth new ideas to grow and exceed the goals of faith-based giving within the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising, ideally in faith-based or membership-based organizations
- Demonstration of building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders and supporters, any experience working or volunteering in faith-based environments highly preferred
- Ability to strategize, research and analyze
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship-management skills
- Face-to-face direct gift asks and donor visits experience a plus
- Experience working on fundraising campaigns and other creative ways to engage donors a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Interpersonal skills and good judgement to represent the organization well
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Salesforce ideal (or similar fundraising database experience)
- Excellent ability to manage and relate to many different groups across various cultures and backgrounds
- Organized, detail-oriented and timely in completing tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, project management skills
- Knowledge of Bay Area fundraising landscape preferred
- Ability to translate complex material and ambiguities into readable and engaging communications, proposals and reports
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate with faith-based and development leadership to design, oversee and run all aspects of faith-based donor engagement, development, stewardship and strategy including donor membership process, annual campaign and fundraising programs, and related events
- Provide faith-based membership giving and pipeline reports and statistics; provide strategic recommendations on prospect engagements and wealth screening results
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 donors and prospects prioritizing face to face meetings
- Participate in faith-based activities as part of building relationships with donors, with goal of developing non-giving members into giving members and being a representative of the faith-based community in internal meetings, a thought partner with other departments to prioritize and integrate the needs of the membership base in all aspects of the organization
- Motivate and coordinate faith-based leaders and other related partnerships
- Identify funding patterns and opportunities to engage new audiences and secure new streams of funding and introduce new ways of giving to members including an online presence.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.