Do you have 2+ years Accounting experience?
Have you previously worked with government contracts?
Do you excel in FUND E-Z or QuickBooks?
Are you ready to start ASAP?
We are currently in search of an Accountant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (West Chicago)
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $25.00/hour
SALARY: Up to $53,000, salary commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accountant is responsible for performing functions related to the daily financial and operational management of the organization. This includes a variety of reconciliation, review and processing duties, and ensuring accurate and timely financial recordkeeping.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years Accounting experience (non-profit experience, a plus)
- Previous experience managing government contracts is a MUST
- Proven expertise with FUND E-Z or comparable accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Highly detail-oriented and organized to ensure work product accuracy
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite and demonstrated ability to learn new programs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Perform government contract functions including vouchering, reporting, tracking, ledger management, journal entries, and monthly and annual reconciliation
- Participate in finance and budget components of government application processes
- Internal and external audit preparation
- Maintain schedules for all government contracts; coordinate contract audits and reviews
- Rent collection and receipt of contributions
- Accounts Payable – review payments and generate checks, ensure accuracy between invoices and payment method, ensure all back-up data is obtained and filed; manage vendor accounts; generate year-end 1099s
- Accounts Receivable – coordinate deposits and prepare invoice requests, ensure accuracy, ensure all back-up data is obtained and filed
- Reporting – generate monthly financial reports, contract vouchers, funder fiscal reports; prepare files and other documents for audits
- Oversee Filing/Recordkeeping to ensure accurate and organized records/documents through existing or their preferred filing system
- Perform other special projects and analysis as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a good fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.