Are you looking for a long term, administrative role?
Do you have prior experience working in the field finance?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Administrative Assistant for a Health Association. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Downtown)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, 6+ Months
SCHEDULE: Part-Time (30 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $13.00 – $15.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? This Administrative Assistant reports to the Finance and Human Resources Manager and assists with day to day needs in relation to membership and finance. This person will oversee the phone system answering questions related to membership, entering financial data into system, and will assist with reference checks and other projects as assigned. This is in on site, low contact role looking to get someone started ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma required
- 1-2 year of administrative experience
- Previous experience in MS Office Suite required
- Prior experience working in finance or membership preferred
- Experience with data entry a plus
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at once
- Strong written and verbal communication
How You Will Spend Your Day
- Provide outstanding customer service and support. Specifically, handle call and email requests from members, nonmembers, and constituent/component officers regarding membership information and other activities
- Manage lobby area. Greet and direct all members and visitors. Ensure completion of paperwork, sign-in and security procedures
- Check voicemail and email inbox daily for general and finance related accounts
- Perform administrative tasks for the finance division including scheduling of meetings, virtual meetings, word processing and data entry
- Handle all updates in iMIS from return mail
- Dues processing for internet payments, check transactions, and phoned in payments
- Provide general administrative support for the organization
- Sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage relationship with building staff to ensure proper lighting, heat/AC, security, etc.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential
- Assist with day to day operations of human resource functions and duties
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist with the implementation of strategic and annual operating plans
- Support marketing and communications efforts by providing division information, reviewing communications, and completing assigned work
- Support the execution of assigned corporate sponsored programs and ensure that all programs are implemented to meet program objectives
- Support collective membership recruitment and retention efforts through assigned division and intra-divisional initiatives
- Provide support to assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.