Do you have 5+ years’ experience in marketing and communications?
Are you looking to bring impact and growth to a mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Advancement Communications Specialist for an Education Institution. The position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Institution
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Advancement Communications Specialist
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: Full time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $25.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the AVP of Marketing and Communications, the Advancement Communications Specialist develops communications and strategies that align and engage the university around mission, institutional priorities and core values. This position supports the divisional goals of institutional advancement, enrollment management and student services, as well as keeping key stakeholders informed of news, HR and community initiatives, new programs, faculty research and awards, marketing efforts, financial results and enrollments. The specialist also works closely with the editor to generate content for feature articles in the institution’s publications and for the development and delivery of advancement, enrollment and student services communications.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a fast-paced editorial/communications environment, with strong creative writing; copyediting and project management skills required
- Superior writing, editing and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with strategic communications planning and content development
- Highly collaborative with ability to coordinate with development, enrollment and marketing teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Strong knowledge of Associated Press style and a keen attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to take initiative and perform well
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with diplomacy at all levels
- Eager to learn about the newest trends in communications media and technology
- Knowledge and experience with CRMs and database management
- Experience in higher education preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Strategy Planning (80%)
- Working with the AVP’s for advancement and marketing, develop strategic communication plans that support the overall objectives of the division
- Create detailed, monthly communications roadmaps that effectively promote and engage prospective students, parents, prospective donors and alumni
- Working with the web development team, ensure that supporting web assets support marketing objectives, are current and reflect the highest brand standards.
- Working with the web development team, expand the capability set of institution’s mobile app and develop new navigation and content to support advancement, enrollment and student affairs
- Working with the institution’s editor write and contribute news stories for the magazine
- Manage the quarterly e-newsletters, working closely with the Deans, faculty and other contributors to source content and identify potential story form
- Working with the Director of Brand Marketing, coordinate and direct as needed all supporting multimedia for story forms
- Manage all internal communications for students, faculty and staff and manage the development of promotional materials
- Work closely with the advancement and marketing leadership team on the development and creation of presidential communications, presentations, town halls and state of the institution
Content Planning (20%)
- Meet regularly with the directors of development to closely coordinate monthly communication plans that support giving
- Working closely with the Director of Alumni Relations, identify key market segments and develop regular touchpoints that support the engagement of alumni
- Assist the Director of Professional Mentoring in establishing a new content stream that assists with the recruitment and retention of mentors and mentees
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and other leadership in enrollment management to support the recruitment and yield efforts of undergraduate, transfer and graduate students
- Coordinate value-based and operations-based communications to the current student population, serving as primary liaison between marketing and student service leaders
- Drive supporting communications for graduate enrollment and partner with academic leadership to understand priorities, market needs, and competing points of differentiation
- Participate in the website content planning committee. Identify news and story forms that can be utilized for multiple audiences and on multiple communication channels
- Participate in regular planning meetings with department and college contacts to identify stories and possible news
- Communicate regularly with internal clients on project status
- Participate in daily marketing standup meetings and coordinate with advancement, marketing, student affairs and enrollment teams as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.