Do you excel at building strong relationships?
Does leading a group of passionate volunteers thrill you?
Have you always wanted to lead a local office for a national organization?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Community Director (Nevada) for a Health Foundation. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Las Vegas, NV.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Foundation
LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Community Director (Nevada)
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $65,000 – $75,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Community Director will lead the Las Vegas office in building the local community of patients, families, and business partners and will interact regularly with National Staff to achieve these goals. This person will be responsible for board and volunteer development, while cultivating partnerships and alliances that promote growth and awareness of the Foundation’s mission within the community. The Foundation is seeking a self-aware visionary who has experience building relationships and is results-driven.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university highly preferred; combination of Associate’s degree and experience accepted.
• Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience which includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relations, and stewardship.
• Experience working with a health-related organization a plus.
• Experience working with Blackbaud products, especially Raiser’s Edge.
• Experience identifying, recruiting, and partnering with volunteers.
• Strong communication skills, including mass media, advertising, and community relations.
• Strong financial and budget skills.
• Experience with strategic thinking, board relations, and account management.
• Ability and willingness to travel on a limited basis.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Responsible for management of the Nevada market – including achieving and exceeding all revenue targets, budget development/management and all operations for the local Council office.
• Develop a strong, positive working relationship with regional and national support staff to support the programs and events of the Las Vegas Community.
• Work with key volunteers to identify, recruit and develop additional volunteers who have potential to be door openers, doers and/or donors for Foundation’s fundraisers and patient programs.
• Responsible to lead all fundraising activities including special events, the Walk, major gifts, foundation giving and more.
• Participate in Foundation activities such as but not limited to GI visits, education events, and other community wide activities.
• Create working committees as well as provide leadership and guidance to volunteers in carrying out assignments.
• Work with the Leadership Council to develop and meet annual Strategic Plan objectives.
• Community Director reports to the SW (Phoenix) Chapter Executive Director
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.