Do you have at least 3 years’ experience working with Raiser’s Edge?
Are you eager to work on a high energy, collaborative development team?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Database Manager for an Education Institution. This position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION: Education Institution
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Database Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: Full time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00-$25.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Database Manager manages the University’s Raiser’s Edge donor database system. In addition to database responsibilities, this individual will perform prospect research for the office fundraising staff. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement and supervises the gift entry clerk and data entry clerk. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years of experience managing Raiser’s Edge database and creating Crystal Reports (advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge required).
- Previous experience in higher education a plus
- Strong knowledge of IRS charitable giving guidelines, the overall fundraising process, capital and annual campaign management and report generation, major gifts, direct mail list generation, and research function
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating high levels of communication, and ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, meet deadlines, and anticipate the needs of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work quickly and efficiently
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversees the development, implementation and use of Raiser’s Edge database
- Oversees all donor data entry, gift processing, and acknowledgement; maintaining the accuracy and integrity of donor information, and runs reports
- Generates reports and queries to support fundraising efforts and analyze the effectiveness of appeals and events (Crystal Reports)
- Initiates and manages projects to improve utilization of the database
- Trains and provides technical support to staff to help them be independent Raiser’s Edge users
- Manages users, monitors security, runs regular data integrity checks, and works with IT and Blackbaud to apply updates as needed
- Serves as primary liaison for the gift reconciliation process between the Office of Institutional Advancement and the Business Office
- Manages Blackbaud vendor relations
- Documents and updates database policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Attends Major Gift prospect meetings
- Monitors prospect cultivation process and prepares progress reports
- Performs prospect research using Research Point and other search vehicles
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.