Do you have at least 3 years’ experience working with Raiser’s Edge?
Would you consider yourself a detail orientated professional?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Database Manager for a Social Services Organization. This is a part-time temporary position based in Geneva, IL.
ORGANIZATION: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Geneva, IL(onsite)
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Database Manager
DURATION: Temporary, Part-Time (20-30 hrs/week)
HOURLY PAY: $18.00-$21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Database Manager is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and efficiency of the organization’s constituent management database system, and for responding to our donors’ requests and needs in a timely and professional manner. Day-to-day responsibilities include processing donations, importing files from other databases and sources of data; and serving as data contact for Direct Mail vendor. The person in this role would report to the Director of Individual Giving and would supervise a part-time Donor Services and Database Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud Certification is a plus) database management required
- Familiarity with technology and a quick-learner for new technology
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects with accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office, including advanced Excel.
- Has reliable transportation as public transportation is not very accessible to this location
- Meets commitments and deadlines on a consistent and timely basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Process daily contributions through online and offline channels, including cash and gift-in-kind and ensure that all constituent information is accurate and consistent.
- Perform gift adjustments as needed.
- Import gift and constituent information regularly from Luminate, our online giving platform, CiviCore, our online volunteer system, and the lockbox, our direct mail processing system, and any other imports necessary.
- Ensure that donor records are accurate, up to date, and kept confidential.
- Prepare daily reports on cash receipts, maintain philanthropy files and reconcile with finance.
- Ensure excellent customer service for all donor processing/gift inquiries. This includes but is not limited to taking donations over the phone, making changes to donor records per requests, updating monthly donor information, providing tax statements or issuing acknowledgments.
- Prepare accurate and timely gift acknowledgement letters, including annual and capital gifts, monthly donor letters, and event/food/fund drive donors.
- Oversee redemption of Matching Gifts in a timely manner including verifying donations and submitting required paperwork.
- Work as key staff person with Direct Mail Consulting firm: provide donor and suppression files for each mailing, enter key codes for acquisition and renewal pieces, prepare weekly and annual Direct Mail report for analysis and planning.
- Constantly work to improve efficiency of workflow and maintain procedural documentation for gift processing and database cleanup.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.