Do you have 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising?
Are you looking to grow an organization’s budding development efforts?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development Consultant for an Education Organization. The position is based in Downtown (Loop) Chicago, IL and offered remotely. This is a temporary, part-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Organization
LOCATION: Remote, virtual
POSITION TITLE: Development Consultant
DURATION: Temporary, ongoing
SCHEDULE: Part-time (15 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $19.00-$22.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Development Consultant will directly support the Executive Director in strategically planning and rolling out new and growing fundraising areas including event coordination, donor cultivation, corporate and foundation relations, and board development. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in full-cycle fundraising required
- Relevant understanding of the Chicago philanthropic scene
- Experience with NEON software or comparable donor database
- Government grant identification experience a plus
- Demonstrated results of securing funds and grants
- Experience in strengthening board relations a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively to donors and program sponsors
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Research potential donors along with foundation or corporate grant support to generate revenue
- Manage virtual fall event timelines and donor communication
- Provide oversight to board members on how to engage with donors and community outreach
- Assist with identifying potential major donors or individual giving candidates
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.