Do you have prior experience working in Development and Fundraising?
Are you looking for a temporary, Development Director Role?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development Director for Social Service Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
SCHEDULE: Full Time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00-21.00 hour
Is This Your Dream Job? This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for planning, organizing, conducting, and directing all of Organization’s fundraising, including grant writing, major gifts, annual giving, special events, and capital campaigns. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director, Development Committee, and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. She/he will also implement creative strategies to increase funders and expand public awareness of the Organization’s work and program value through marketing and media channels.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization, with demonstrated success in a development function.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Proven success in fund development, especially in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts, as well as in securing foundation grants and corporate support.
- Understanding of the greater Chicago region philanthropic landscape (preferred, not required).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. o Persuasive and passionate storyteller with excellent interpersonal and compelling communication skills.
- Proficiency with technology and digital tools: donor database / CRM (i.e. Salesforce), communication platforms (i.e. Mailchimp, social media), and Microsoft Office or G Suite.
- Flexible and adaptable style – you love the big picture but are obsessed with the details. Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all tasks undertaken
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.