Do you have 3+ years’ experience of online content management?
Are you a digital marketing wiz looking to join a mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Education and Content Manager for an Association. The position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Education and Content Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: Full time (35 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Education and Content Manager reports to the Director of Education and is responsible for the project management of the association’s magazine publication process and collaboration with vendor partners to ensure robust content and timely publication. This position oversees the content development and production of all digital assets including podcasts, webinars, mobile app, online communities and the Learning Management System (LMS). This position develops weekly and quarterly e-newsletters and works with all speakers to ensure high quality and engaging content with relevant takeaways in line with the association’s content strategy. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years’ experience in content and project management required
- Advanced PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office, social networking sites and report-writing packages
- Proven proofreading and editing experience required
- Experience with Net Forum a plus
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, customer service skills required
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and work collaboratively
- Ability to set and meet priorities, develop budgets, monitor and control expenditures
- Collaborative, can-do approach to problem solving
- Superior project management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and programs
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Experience working with RealMagnet
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Project manage organization’s magazine publication including working with volunteers to identify authors and sources for all publications and secure quality magazine articles on deadline; liaison to production partner to ensure robust content and timely publication
- Oversee production of and content development for association’s podcast including scheduling guests, managing the recording and posting onto LMS and podcast delivery systems (iTunes, Stitcher)
- Oversee production of and content development for webinars, including determining topics, scheduling speakers, dress rehearsals, live webinar, and posting to LMS
- Work with speakers and subject matter experts on content development, writing and editing session copy and additional speaker support as necessary.
- Create and copy edit press releases and written materials for website/emails/etc.
- Serve as liaison to member committees
- Ensure content and delivery formats (face to face, digital and written) reflect member needs
- Update editorial calendar and media guide
- Monitor industry trends and emerging issues to identify potential article, webinar and podcast topics
- Participate in and manage submissions process for annual publication awards competitions
- Write and distribute press releases and manage media list
- Work with Education Director to develop education content and program structure
- Coordinate speaker communications and logistics (including audience response system where applicable) pre, during and post education events with support of education coordinator
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.