Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in nonprofit administration?
Are you looking to support a large, nationally known nonprofit organization?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Education Coordinator for an Association. This position is based in Wheeling, IL.
LOCATION: Wheeling, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Education Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, full time (40hrs/week)
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Education Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for all education and event-related activities as well as provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Education Director and Membership Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience in nonprofit administration
- Experience with learning management systems and/or databases preferred
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient and comfortable with technology in general
- Ability to follow systems and identify improvements or new systems
- Strong ethical and professional code and ability to maintain privacy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate future needs and be proactive
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Education and Certification (70%)
- Serve as the front-line resource for all association education and events
- Receive and respond to inquiries via phone, email, fax and mail
- Manage education and event registrations
- Create and maintain events in database; enter and process registrations; make changes in database as required
- Manage continuing education and certifications
- Apply for continuing education credits for all events; distribute credits as required; track, print and mail certifications
- Prepare materials for on-site events
- Maintain inventory of supplies and pre-print event-related materials
- Manage the learning management system and upload new courses and prepare for registration; track completions; maintain data accuracy
- Participate in two advisory groups throughout the year; provide supporting information to the groups in advance and following the calls.
- Participate in marketing and communications planning and implement education-related marketing projects
- Assist in the development and management of the education program annual budgets; monitor revenues and expenditures
- Produce analyses and other reports on various aspects of the programs as needed
- Provide pre-meeting support services in connection with all in-person events including pre-event and on-site registration
- Negotiate hotel and transportation for company contacts, and coordinate with hotel personnel on all meeting requirements and other functions
- Complete association management database imports and exports as needed; make changes as required; ensure data accuracy
- Process, distribute and meter all inbound/outbound mail
- Triage all association phone calls and email inquiries and redirect to appropriate staff person or resource
- Process open invoice payments and prepare bank deposits. Scan, file and track key financial document per procedures
- Support the membership manager by assisting with membership mailings (invoices, member packets, etc.)
- Support the executive director and education director by managing filing, scanning, copying and electronic files
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.