Do you have 3+ years of nonprofit Raiser’s Edge experience?
Are you experienced in executing multiple nonprofit fundraising events?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Event Coordinator for a Health Organization. This position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
Organization Type: Health Organization
Position: Nonprofit Event Coordinator
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
Duration: Temporary, ongoing
Schedule: Full time (40 hours/week)
Hourly Rate: $15.00-$19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Event Coordinator serves as point person for organization’s fundraising and sponsored events, database management, as well as e-communications for fundraising events and all database management. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required
- Experience working closely with professional, donor or client constituent groups vital
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT or other similar software
- Java script/HTML editing knowledge preferred
- Ability to compose, edit and proof written language and to communicate effectively on a verbal level
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities
- Exudes an energy level that ensures high quality productivity on a timely basis
- Ability to be independent, accurate, and reliable
- Must be able to perform effectively under the pressure of demanding deadlines, and work with limited supervision/instruction
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Plans and coordinates facility’s fundraisers and supports events of the Young Associates Board (examples currently include two annual galas, golf marathon, Parties with a Purpose, campaign events, etc.)
- Secures and coordinates sponsorships, silent auction items for events, as well as, collaborates on mailing lists internally and externally
- Administers and manages Raiser’s Edge database, enters gifts, coordinates acknowledgements, adds and facilitates entry of new records. Maintains accuracy, prepares reports, assists Development Director in implementing strategies through segmentation.
- Prepares accurate donor recognition and other lists
- Implements electronic fundraising appeals through Online Express and other mailings in connection with annual and special event campaigns, working with mail house, post office and other vendors; track results
- Provides support to Director of Development and Director of Marketing & Communications in preparing for and following up on President’s Council and Event committee meetings. This includes organizing PC and Event Committee meetings, preparing minutes, booking donor appointments, including preparing for and following up on meetings
- Builds and maintains electronic database to support Internet fundraising and e-mail communications
- Takes lead initiative to design and layout newsletters 4 to 6 times per year with collaboration from Development and clinical staff members
- Coordinate and create legislative and clinical status card production on a monthly basis
- Coordinates records with finance department and Community Outreach coordinator, including monthly reconciliation and integration of donor and volunteer records
- Demonstrates a great enthusiasm for the mission and attends networking events as requested
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.