Are you passionate about international human rights?
Do you excel at building relationships with donors?
Are you a strong leader ready to take an organization to the next level?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Executive Director for an International Human Rights Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position and is remotely based.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Human Rights Organization
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Executive Director
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Director serves as the management leader of the Organization, supporting and carrying out its mission, vision, strategic plans, and policies. This individual will shape and implement an effective development plan and serve as the primary organizational spokesperson for donors. The Executive Director will oversee the overall management and operations of the Organization, including financial, marketing, and communications activities. The Organization is seeking a charismatic leader, who excels at building relationships with individual donors, and can help the Organization strategically grow its effectiveness and reach.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience required, preferably in a leadership and fundraising role.
- Experience with CRM databases, DonorPerfect experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and virtual meeting software.
- Evidence of effective fundraising record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to capably direct and supervise a growing virtual staff and geographically diverse group of volunteers toward achieving the goals of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally; current passport required.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Promote the development of effective, private philanthropy on behalf of the Organization and develop and maintain relationships with donors.
- Develop and implement plans to attract funds from individuals and institutions, with an emphasis on unrestricted resources.
- Function as the fund development lead with responsibility for major donor relationships and assuring fundraising targets are front-of-mind for both daily work and evaluation of personal and organizational success.
- Maintain responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the organization, as well as a positive financial position.
- Develop collaborations with similarly-missioned organizations to promote efficiency and effectiveness for all.
- Develop a strong regional/area representative network throughout the United States to provide opportunities to tell the story, to partner with congregations and agencies, and to establish visits, receptions, awareness and fundraising opportunities.
- Act as a public spokesperson and thought-leader for the organization.
- Oversee coordination of key donor relationship visits and development opportunities for the Organizational Founder.
- Develop and implement a staffing structure that supports the efficient delivery of Organizational programs and services, accomplishment of major goals identified in the strategic plan, and effective overall management.
- Hire, train, manage, coach, and evaluate staff performance regularly.
- Maintain operational oversight of all other significant aspects of the organization’s work.
- Financial oversight and controls:
- Oversee the development, in partnership with financial staff, board chair and board treasurer, of annual operating and/or specific budgets for approval of the Board of Directors, and assure that the organization works within these guidelines.
- Oversee procedures to keep the financial records of the Organization, and assure that regular, timely reporting information is conveyed to the Board of Directors along with performance benchmarks as requested.
- Establish/monitor procedures for grant making, scholarships and other program-related projects/initiatives.
- Oversee communications, marketing and public relations activities.
- Financial oversight and controls:
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors as follows:
- Develop strategic plans, goals and action steps for the Board’s approval, and working with the Board to accomplish the established goals and plans.
- Provide the Board with timely and accurate information for their proper functioning and support of informed decision-making regarding policy and operations.
- See that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect and keep the Board of Directors and all officers and committees fully informed as to the business affairs of the organization.
- Consult freely with the Chair, Officers and other Board members concerning the business and affairs of the Organization.
- Develop and maintain a professional development program for the staff and Board that supports a knowledge base of current trends and activities that relate to the work of the organization, including a comprehensive orientation/on-boarding program.
- Perform such other duties and have such other authority and powers as the Board of Directors may from time to time prescribe.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.