Do you have 2-3 years’ nonprofit experience working in accounting?
Are you passionate about mission-driven work that focuses on Chicago youth?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Grants and Receivable Coordinator for a Youth Social Services Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Grants and Receivable Coordinator
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Grants & Receivables Coordinator is responsible for reviewing, processing, monitoring, maintaining, reconciling, and timely collection for all Grant & Non-Per Diem billing. This position also assists with the development of budgets for grants/service program proposals and renewals. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience with receivables, social service administrations and accounting systems
- Federal, state, city, or local grants management experience required
- Knowledge and experience with Great Plains or related databases
- Knowledge of nonprofit finance and accounting practices, including grants management and financial reporting
- Experience with MS Office, grant billing, and compliance reporting
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Monthly billing and reconciliation to general ledger and budget for all grant and service program (non-per diem) agreements
- Tracking and collection of all information required for timely and accurate grant financial and compliance reporting
- Communication with program and development team members regarding status of grants and reporting
- Communication with Grantors regarding compliance, resolution of billing questions and collection of amounts due
- Builds, maintains, and reinforces relationships and communication with funding source personnel, program and administrative staff, and partnering contractor’s staff with duties related to billing, payments, and receivables
- Maintains comprehensive filing system of billing, payment, receivables, reconciliation, and grant/service contract information
- Monitors existing and new restricted revenue receipts, billing and reporting requirements
- Allocate direct costs and expenses to appropriate cost centers
- Allocate monthly indirect costs to program cost centers for foundation, non-profit, government grants and fee-for-service contracts
- Prepares Revenue satisfaction/billing journal entries required for monthly financial close in a timely manner
- Prepares schedules for annual external audit and miscellaneous receivables and ratio reports as requested
- Assists with the development of grant/service program budgets for proposals and renewals
- Assist with preparing budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals including converting financial data to the budget templates required by the grantors
- Prepares Grant Over/Under report and other receivables reports as needed for submission to the Development & Finance teams monthly
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.