Are you a creative and energetic individual?
Do you excel at creating targeted marketing plans?
Would you enjoy leading the marketing efforts for an organization?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Marketing and Communications Manager for an Association. The position is based in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Suburbs of Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Marketing and Communications Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Member Engagement Director and will collaborate with other Association directors and staff to develop and execute marketing plans that benefit the Association’s membership. This person will lead all marketing efforts for the Association and is responsible for maintaining a unified brand message across all programs within the Association. The Association is seeking a collaborative and organized individual who has high energy and understands targeted marketing strategies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of iContact or other email marketing software experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite and Google Analytics a plus.
- Experience working with content management systems or coding a plus.
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Organized, deadline-oriented and has strong attention to detail.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain and help execute marketing plan, including the promotion of all meetings, programs, resources, and member outreach.
- Assist and lead in creating promotional copy for meetings, programs, resources, and member-related outreach.
- Maintain organizational and program messages to be pertinent, on-brand, impactful, and targeted to correct audience.
- Help review and conduct data research; monitor industry trends; and recommend new communications strategies.
- Manage annual outreach, marketing calendar and schedule for organization’s communication to internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for Association’s online social presence, including managing social media strategy and implementing plan.
- Assist with public relations activities.
- Facilitate the creation of the Annual Marketing Plan and ensure staff team provides quarterly updates for meetings.
- Generates the quarterly Marketing and Communications Report for the Board of Directors.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.