Do you have 2+ years’ experience of developing traditional and digital marketing?
Are you looking to collaborate with a dynamic and mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Marketing Content Writer for an Education Institution. The position is based in Des Plaines, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Institution
LOCATION: Des Plaines, IL
DELIVERY: Remote/Virtual, On-site
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Marketing Content Writer
DURATION: Temporary, Ongoing
SCHEDULE: Full time (30 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Marketing Content Writer will assist the Marketing and Communications department in creating and editing content for new and traditional marketing initiatives, and works with internal departments to elevate the college’s brand and increase enrollment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ more years of marketing and communications experience required
- Strong personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and writing skills
- Demonstrated creativity and the ability to write copy for multiple mediums
- Solid experience proofreading and editing
- Possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to multitask, manage time, and adhere deadlines
- Familiarity with strategic use of social and other new media opportunities
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students
How you will spend your day:
- Create content, strong headline and concise marketing copy for new and traditional mediums, including, but not limited to: digital ads, social media, web, email, TV commercials, newspaper ads, radio spots and print materials for varied audiences including prospective students, alumni, donors and the campus community
- Develop copy and support editorial planning for the college’s enrollment and institutional publications that helps to tell the college’s story
- Achieve high-quality results within strict deadlines, interpret stakeholder needs, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and adhere to brand and editorial brand guidelines
- Work closely with design staff to support marketing initiatives
- Copy edit and proofread materials and encourage the use of appropriate brand-specific language across marketing pieces, using AP style guidelines
- Work with various internal and external parties to create messages that align with the college’s brand and support its vision, mission and strategic goals
- Research marketing and communications trends in higher education that will impact college’s brand position.
- Perform related duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.