Are you a nonprofit professional with 1+ years of programming experience?
Do you have a passion for working with and leading youth?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Program Facilitator for a Youth Organization.
ORGANIZATION: Youth Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Program Facilitator
DURATION: Temporary, ongoing
SCHEDULE: Part time, Monday-Friday (1:30pm-5:30pm)
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a Nonprofit Program Facilitator to support the Administration and Operations Manager with facilitation of afterschool programs, trainings, and enrichment activities. Facilitators will be responsible for conducting curriculum-based activities and discussions designed to increase knowledge, strengthen self-confidence, and cultivate communication and other pro-social skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum 1+ year prior experience working with youth
- Pursuing or achieved a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Youth Development, Human Development Social Work, or related discipline
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred but not required
- Must be a high-energy, caring, self-starter, innovative and have high level of competency in cultural diversity
- Must have strong communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented with proven written and oral communication skills, as well as group facilitation skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and/or reliable, consistent transportation to work and travel daily to school sites within Chicago neighborhoods such as Chatham/Greater Grand Crossing, New City/Back of the Yards, and Riverdale
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create, prepare for, and facilitate daily hands-on and intentional activities within our Core Essential Services (Healthy Living, Academic Enrichment and Support, Life Skills)
- Develop relationships with youth & their families and provide individual support ensuring their ability to effectively engage in the program;
- Ensure safety both physically and emotionally through active supervision, as youth engage in program activities
- Effectively track each girls’ progress in the program, using a comprehensive tracking database in support of program evaluation
- Attend regular staff meetings, training, and work in collaboration with staff at the partner school(s)
- Support with the planning and implementation of special events/projects within partnering school(s)
- Provide feedback on impact of the programming to the Lead Program Facilitators and Program Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.