Do you have at least 2 years of experience working in a residential setting?
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to grow your supervisory experience?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Residential Supervisor for a Social Service Agency . The position is based in Park Ridge, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Agency
LOCATION: Park Ridge
POSITION TITLE: Residential Supervisor
DURATION: Full-Time, Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $19.00
SALARY: $35,000 – $40,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job: The Residential Supervisor works closely with the Program Director to ensure the organizations housing is well maintained, adequately staffed, and supplied with necessary resources to promote positive youth outcomes. This person is responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of Youth Development Specialists and develops opportunities for youth participation in community events. This is an onsite position, looking to get someone started ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA, BS, or BSW in Human Service field
- 2+ years residential experience required
- Prior experience in MS Office Suite required
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Valid Illinois Driver’s license and insurance
- Prior experience operating office equipment: fax machines, copier machine, phone, computer
- Be able to lift 20 lbs
- Write reports and write in logs and client files
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provides New Employee Orientation and on-going on the job training to all staff
- Provides and documents individual supervision to Full, Part Time, and Relief Youth Development Specialists
- Monitors compliance with all personnel requirements (training, documentation, medicals)
- Completes 90 day and annual evaluations for all assigned staff
- Prepares for and facilitates all bi-monthly meetings/group supervision
- Model Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and provide crisis support as needed during regular scheduled hours and while on-call
Positive Youth Development
- Orient and train staff and interns to become mentors and role models for youth
- Teach, monitor and develop staff to implement individual youth plans of independence for positive outcome post-discharge
- Participate as a member of the team when coverage is required and/or when additional support is necessary
- Monitor basic needs of youth to ensure that are facilitating appointments for routine medical, dental and prescription refills
- Ensure proper levels of forms in the house and check all documentation for accuracy and completion and distribution as required (e.g. communication logs, incident reports, progress notes, daily shift logs, etc.)
- Review and return house cash reports and expense logs weekly to Business Manager with receipts for all purchases
- Ensure that all client information in the client binders is current and filed accordingly for implementing activities of daily living for goal attainment
- Maintains inventory of necessary home essentials and ensures that appliances are in good working order
- Maintains compliance with DCFS Licensing Standards and Fire Marshall code as well as lease agreement
- Ensure proper level of supplies in each home and put in supply order on bi-monthly intervals
- Monitors sites for cleanliness and proper furnishings and addresses observable
- Schedules routine carpet cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, and pest control services. Liaises with landlords to address issues covered by lease agreements
Scheduling and Time Keeping
- Completes master schedule and distributes to staff pool and houses by 25th of every month
- Collects, reviews, and submits time cards bi-weekly
- Monitors schedule and staff overtime
- Addresses call-offs and no-shows while on-call and seeks coverage for sites
- Plan and develop Youth Development Specialist meetings
- Participate in individual weekly supervision and annual evaluation process
- Complete required trainings
- Maintain Certification
- Develop and maintain positive relationships staff and all colleagues
- Participate in program and house meetings
- Participate in Transition and Treatment Team Meetings
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of Life Skills groups, recreational and community activities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.