Are you passionate about helping individuals who have been affected by a serious medical condition?
Do you have at least 7 years of fundraising and events management experience in the nonprofit sector?
Do you work well on a passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Senior Director of Development for a Health Foundation. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Foundation
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Director of Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Director of Development, a member of the leadership team, manages and oversees the achievement of fundraising goals and the success of all special events. The Sr. Director of Development identifies, cultivates and solicits sponsors for the Foundation’s portfolio of professional and patient programs. The Sr. Director is ultimately responsible for oversight of the identification, research, cultivation and solicitation of annual giving, corporate, foundation and major gift prospects. The Foundation is seeking a collaborative and mission-focused individual who can develop strategic fundraising efforts and effectively lead teams to meet their goals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant fundraising/business/event management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with a donor management system (Donor Perfect, preferred).
- Experience soliciting and securing donations from corporations, foundations and individuals.
- Experience managing and increasing revenue for annual appeals, targeted ask campaigns and programmatic funding.
- High level volunteer management experience, including ability to recruit volunteers for the Board of Directors, planning and events committees and committee chairs.
- Experience managing event staff and all aspects of large-scale event planning and fundraising.
- Strong capacity to assess value and importance to a number of activities and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills related to event coordinating and donor development.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as resourcefulness.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead development effort in fundraising strategies including grant seeking from existing and new foundations, corporate sponsorships, annual appeals, direct mail pieces, special events and new campaigns.
- Determine and manage expenses related to solicitation mailings, donor cultivation and special events.
- Develop, monitor, and implement the major gift campaign.
- Oversee/manage Special Events staff, budgets and financial goals.
- Motivate, educate and assist the Board of Directors in identification and cultivation of board prospects and financial contributions.
- Determine and achieve contributed income as detailed in the approved annual budget, track income and expenses and meet financial goals.
- Track prospects in and oversee Donor Perfect operations.
- Serve as a strong representative of the Foundation, its work, mission, programs and services.
- Evening and weekend work required as needed, occasional travel to Chicago suburbs for meetings and as needed.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.