Are you a creative and independent worker?
Are you passionate about helping underrepresented youth achieve career goals?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience hitting fundraising targets?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Senior Manager of Development for a Leadership Organization. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Leadership Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Senior Manager of Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Manager of Development is directly responsible for the fundraising efforts of the Organization, including grants and fundraising events. This person will report to the Executive Director and work closely with them to expand the Organization’s fundraising efforts in new and exciting ways. This individual will also become the main point of contact for current donors and continue to solicit and steward them. The Organization is seeking an energized and proactive individual, who is mission-driven, and enjoys identifying and developing new funding opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s of Nonprofit Management, or similar) highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Fundraising certification a plus.
- Experience working with donor data management software (Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.) required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and email marketing software (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.) required.
- Experience using GiftSmart a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously meet and exceed fundraising/sales targets or goals.
- Experience researching and writing grant proposals and applications.
- Must possess excellent communication, writing, and time management skills.
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills and the ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Some travel required.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create a strategic approach for growth and expansion in fundraising which includes major gifts, corporate donations, fundraising events, and grant solicitation.
- Manage an integrated alumni and donor tracking system through Salesforce that will track alumni, engage the alumni base, and streamline the Organization’s management of development, tracking, and metrics.
- Identify and secure sponsorships, grant awards, and in-kind support for the Organization.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, as well as the Development Committees on the Board and Associate Board, plan and execute annual fundraisers and pledge drives.
- Manage and develop creative external communications through social media, donor and constituent communications, and monthly updates to partners.
- Create the Organization’s Annual Fundraising Plan.
- Oversee the creation of annual development materials, marketing materials, and acknowledgment letters.
- Accompany the Executive Director and/or Board Members to funding pitches for donors.
- Manage and support the Associate Board.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.