Do you consider yourself an event planning wizard?
Are you excited to step into a new role and make it your own?
Is your best work done as part of a mid-size, collaborative team?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Senior Program Specialist for an Association. The position is based in Schaumburg, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Program Specialist
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Program Specialist reports to the Specialty Relations Program Manager and will lead meeting management and provide administrative support for a Society within the Association. This individual will be in charge of this particular Society’s day-to-day membership service activities, communication and management of meetings and programs, administrative support, and website maintenance. The Association is seeking a proactive and curious individual, who is has a strong understanding of meeting or event planning.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of degree and experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required; Association (highly preferred), customer service, or hospitality experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and database management.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with volunteer leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Experience in budgeting, managing vendors, and writing program copy.
- Experience traveling for work, especially for meetings/events/conferences.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide meeting management, registration and logistical services support for the Society.
- Responsible for Society Executive Committee meetings, conference calls, agenda book preparation and distribution.
- Manage Society Education/Faculty, CME process and awards.
- Develop budgets and oversees financial management of meetings.
- Create marketing and advertising strategies and materials for meetings.
- Serve as central point of contact for Society member communications and manage day-to-day activities for the member services office.
- Oversee all membership aspects for Society, including dues, applications, member directory, and communications.
- Attend Society summit and other meetings, as required.
- Responsible for website maintenance and support, including redesign and migration, and member database integration.
- With assistance from finance team, process expense payments and collect revenue; maintain Society account records and bank accounts; prepare financial statements and ad hoc reports; and provide material for CNS-designated tax preparer.
- Create agenda for Council, Annual Business, and Summit meetings.
- Responsible for Executive Council meetings, conference calls, agenda book preparation and distribution.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda, e-mails and other written material.
- Maintain and update Constitution and Bylaws, as necessary.
- Travel required up to 25%.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.