Do you have 3+ years’ experience in both graphic design and website coding?
Do you have a passion for journalism?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Web and Graphics Editor for an Advocacy Association. This position is based in Downtown, Chicago, IL and is a full time, temporary opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Advocacy Association
LOCATION: Remote, (Downtown-Loop)
POSITION: Web and Graphics Editor
DURATION: Temporary, ongoing
HOURLY RATE: $18.00-22.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Web and Graphics Editor reports to the Vice President of Operations and works closely with the Director of Investigations, Director of Policy, and their respective teams, building story packages and data visualizations for the web. Experience in digital storytelling and a passion for local journalism is a must; this individual works collaboratively with reporters and analysts to create powerful visuals and applications that increase the scope, comprehensibility and impact of the organization’s work. This position requires this candidate to be comfortable with design and with code. The Editor will be a key player in developing the full suite of digital products — the website, microsites, off-platform pages, as well as manage presentation and publishing of all stories.
*Candidate must be available to train on-site for the first 2 days of the role.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of Graphic Design and Website Coding experience
- Experience with interactive graphic design
- Ability to work without direction, has a proactive mindset and is always thinking one step ahead
- Experience with modern front-end platforms such as SASS/SCSS, build tools such as Gulp or Webpack, frameworks such as React or Vue
- Familiarity with cloud computing services for static deployment and systems administration
- Experience with back-end programming languages and frameworks, such as Python/Django or Node.js
- Proven experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with Google tags and analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively both on and offline
- A portfolio-proven eye for digital design
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Format and publish content in the CMS (currently Drupal 7); maintain site’s performance and appearance
- Work closely and collaboratively to conceptualize, design, and publish digital news products, such as story packages, database applications and data visualizations
- Be a strategic partner in the development of the website and long-term data products
- Work closely with the engagement team to develop and execute strategies for digital audience engagement
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit? For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.