Are you passionate about criminal justice reform and advancing policy to expand alternative approaches to incarceration and public safety? Do you have experience working with crime survivors and those most impacted by the criminal justice system? Are you a bilingual English and Spanish speaker?
We are currently in search of a Partnerships Manager for a Social Justice Nonprofit. The position is based in Bay Area, Los Angeles, or Sacramento, CA, preferred, with remote capability. This is a permanent, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Nonprofit
LOCATION: Headquartered in Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Partnerships Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: $90K-$105K
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Partnerships Manager you will coordinate public campaigns and a wide range of diverse coalitions both statewide and local. This position is a key role managing internal and external partnerships effectively and drive critical work forward around policy and programs around criminal justice reform. You will report directly to the Executive Director, partnering closely with the CA Government Affairs Director, Associate Director, and other key staff from both Research and Communications Departments as well as contractors. The successful candidate will have significant campaign and coalition experience in a fast-paced environment, including experience leading and project managing campaigns.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5+ years of campaigns or community organizing experience required
- 3-5+ years of project management experience, a plus
- Bilingual English and Spanish speaker; Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Asana experience is a plus
- Experience running effective meetings and seeing action items through to completion
- Experience working in a nonprofit, grassroots organization, and/or campaign-setting
- Experience providing support and training to diverse constituencies such as faith-based groups, crime survivors, mental health service providers, and labor associations
- Well organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing high-level partnerships and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Organize and manage different coalitions and other public campaigns
- Lead and coordinate state-wide advocacy initiatives that support coalition building, including coordination with partners and staff and development of communications strategies
- Develop and manage campaigns to help educate new constituencies and partners about criminal justice reform and advocacy opportunities
- Support statewide partnerships and coalitions to help advance organization’s state legislative agenda, including community outreach and events
- Assist in building a consistent constituent presence in Sacramento
- Align organization’s two flagship programs to support consistency work in organizing models, processes, trainings, voter registration and base-building strategies
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit? For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.