Are you an experienced, mid-level administrative professional with a background in Health Policy/Government?
We are currently in search of a Policy Administrative Assistant for a Small Membership-Based Organization. The position is based in Rosemont, IL. This is a (temp-to-perm, full-time) assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Small Membership-Based Organization
LOCATION: Rosemont, IL
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SALARY: $16.00/hour – $18.00/hour
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree, interest in political science, health policy preferred
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; prior office experience preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (intermediate to advance skill level) to convey a professional image
- Strong writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-directed
- Customer-service focus preferably assisting physicians and medical professionals
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information from multiple sources
- Project management assistance experience preferred
- Interest in reading and learning health policy information to be better informed
- Demonstrate willingness to learn, teach, and develop new skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for Committees, Senior Staff, and Consultants that work on health policy related issues.
- Administrative support will include: Scheduling of calls, distribution and help with preparation of materials, travel arrangements for Committee members, coordination with meeting planners, initial drafting and dissemination of meeting summaries, and tracking of deadlines for assignments and internal reports and meetings.
- Schedule, prepare, organize and package materials for meetings in multiple formats (electronic, print, etc.) and assist with the creation of reports and agenda materials for committees/councils/task forces, and deadlines both internal to the organization, such as Board reports, and external stakeholders.
- Monitor, track and update website information on health policy information as directed. Work with the various communities to expand awareness and information; manage on-line documents, summarize materials.
- Provide administrative support as needed and assigned to support the Executive/Governance functions of the organization.
- Maintain all committee rosters and committee members contact information. Create and maintain email lists to make it easy for communication.
- Assist in the development of content for electronic and print communications. Maintain a communications calendar and coordinate with communications staff regarding deadlines and opportunities for all publications.
- Prepare surveys, polls and other project materials to support the committees and their fundraising efforts.
- Track website pages and communications activity and basic analytics to share with committees and the council
- Attend evening conference calls, take notes, and draft minutes as requested
- Track due dates and send Committee members reminders on their projects and when they are due
- Facilitate travel and travel reimbursement for committee members
- Support other health policy and quality projects as assigned
- Help with list development for donor solicitation and thank you notes and letters
- Prepare donor mailings
- Coordinate with Accounting Department on deadlines for reports
- Maintain Grassroots Platform – Voter Voice – and manage the sending of alerts and using the Voter Voice to send letters to Congress. Track metrics on campaigns and report to organization and committees
- Create and track all internal deadlines – coordinate with meetings staff and senior staff to maintain and communicate these deadlines to consultants and committee leadership
- Monitor and update Health policy pages of the website
- Respond to member and staff inquiries; provide customer service coverage as assigned for the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.