Are you passionate about social services and helping children, youth and families?
Do you have experience managing clinical/social work programs?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Program Director for a Nonprofit Social Services/Social Justice Organization. The position is based in San Mateo County, CA with some required in-office work as well as some remote flexibility. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Social Services/Social Justice
LOCATION: San Mateo County, CA
POSITION TITLE: Program Director
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Director oversees multiple clinical/social work programs within the organization, providing services ranging from youth to adults. Programs in the agency include services such as residential, community-based, mental health and substance use. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer and supervises 4-5 Program Managers who manage a high number of direct reports, so requires strong leadership, coaching, collaboration and communication abilities within programs, executive leadership, community partners and funders. The organization is seeking someone who understands and values serving diverse communities and is passionate in ensuring programs are high quality and reflecting best practices in the field. The organization has great benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403(b), flex plan, and vacation/sick/personal time.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of qualified experience supervising staff working in a clinical/social services setting with children, youth and/or families. Experience working with youth residential programs or similar a plus.
- Must have a graduate degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field. Must either be licensed as an MFT, LCSW, Psychologist or LPCC, or be in the process of obtaining licensure within 2 years.
- Valid CA Driver’s license, working car, proof of auto insurance, and ability to pass background and TB clearance are required.
- Clinical skills and experience providing individual and group services
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent skills in advising, coaching and supervising program staff, with leadership skills
- Experience managing program and department budgets preferred
- Strong ethical principles, understanding of client confidentiality requirements and appropriate clinical record keeping, and related federal/state laws governing services delivered in each program
- Ability to stay organized and juggle priorities to meet deadlines
- Reliable and flexible as needs and priorities change, with great follow-through
- Ability to make logical decisions, and use sound judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively with team or independently with little direction
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supervision of program staff, as well as Supervision of trainees/interns/associates/post-docs as needed and appropriate
- Work closely with CPO to provide direction to agency programs – maintaining and tracking budgets, assessing program statistics and ensuring requirements for state licensure/certification and program outcomes are met
- Collaborate with program teams, executive leadership, stakeholders as well as many other relevant department meetings with the goal of ensuring high quality program services
- Collaborate with the HR Director, Chief Program Officer, and Chief Executive Officer on personnel and hiring needs.
- Work closely with the Development Team to assist with writing proposals, grants and represent the programs, department, and organization
- Provide clinical/management support for Program Managers/ Directors in their absence.
- Stay up to date on current trends in the field
- Cultivate and maintain strong, positive relationships with colleagues in other agencies, administrators of county departments, and other community stakeholders
- Quality assurance (QA) of all program records; assure adherence with agency, county, state, and federal requirements
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.