Do you have 4+ years of program management experience for a direct-service organization?
Are you passionate about serving vulnerable populations?
We are currently in search of a Program Manager for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary/temp to hire assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (NW)
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
DURATION: At least 3 months, Temp to Hire Possible
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/ week (M-F 10am-6pm)
HOURLY PAY: $23.00-$25.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Manager will work at a local homeless shelter, providing supervision to the staff and day to day operations of the program. This could include handling urgent crises with residents, leading team meetings, maintaining schedules, overseeing development of programs and responding to client requests. This person may need to respond to some calls from staff after-hours for urgent matters. For the right person, this could be a temp to hire role with an anticipated salary of about $55k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Combined experience and education amounting to 4+ years in direct-services programs required
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Prior experience serving people who are experiencing homelessness, mental illness, trauma and/or addiction required
- Some exposure to working in a residential facility highly preferred
- Prior experience with case management data entry preferred
- LGSW a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee all elements of daily operations
- Supervise a team of staff who provide case management and other client services on site
- Manage and maintain the staff schedule to ensure appropriate coverage
- Lead regular program team meetings to review client cases and program operations
- Oversee community life development for clients in program, planning and implementing rule development, group meetings and activities
- Provide daily support and advice to Assistant Managers on client cases and operational issues
- Ensure staff enters accurate, timely and complete information into databases as required by contract
- Monitor eligibility, admissions and utilizations for programs
- Assess needs and work with Associate Director on the development of programming
- Oversee residential related documentation requirements such as data entry, incident reports, staff logs, timesheets, etc. to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Participate in Program Manager’s On-Call rotation schedule
- Participate in organization-wide meetings, committees and trainings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.